8 quotes that prove Kanye's enlightenment
I appreciate Kanye West almost as much as he does.
Yes. We're talking about the same asshole that speaks his mind on everyone from former President Bush to our beloved starlet, Taylor Swift and on everything from racism to elitism. You know how I adore assholes. They're some of the realest people we have.
You can hate him for not having a filter and not fitting into the perception of public opinion, but I'll continue to recognize and celebrate conscious behavior when I see it.
Yeah I said it. Conscious. Awake. Aware. Kanye is that. So are many of the other creators and innovators that are popular for their art and influence. The only reason you're even familiar with Yeezy is because his actions and behavior are authentic. His music has influenced the lives of millions, his production many of the most influential artists of the era and his streams of consciousness often contain more insight and wisdom than many of today's top religious and self help leaders of our day.
Forget about the media's portrayal and your individual conceptions about what enlightenment and clarity look like. Just look at the truth. The words people speak and the actions people take will show you who someone really is.
To me Yeezus is closer to God, Christ and the masters than the majority would like to believe. But don't take my word for it.
8. "If you have the opportunity to play this game of life you need to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don't appreciate the moment until it's passed.
7. "Keep your nose out of the sky, keep your heart to God, and keep your face to raising sun."
6. "I've been talking to God for so long, and if you look at my life, I think he talkin back."
5. "I was never really good at anything except for the ability to learn."
4. "I understand that I'm a servant. And with my voice, with my ability to build relationships with amazing people, speak to amazing people."
3. "One of my biggest Achilles heels has been my ego. And if I, Kanye West, the very person, can remove my ego, I think there's hope for everyone."
2. "You guys have been taught, without you knowing, ways to separate yourselves from each other. If you're separated, you can be easily controlled. If you're too busy pointing fingers at each other, rather than holding hands, you can't get anything done."
1. "Would you believe in what you believe in if you were the only one who believed it?"
Wongi is a celebrator of conscious culture. Follow him on IG @ iamwongi